Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our little float...

Last Saturday we decided we needed to go on a float in Matt's dad's drift boat (thanks Daren :)...) before we left for our week long hoorah in Colorado (pictures to come). So, we ran into town in the AM to grab a few last minute supplies and then headed to Lorenzo Bridge to start our little float. We got on the river about 12:30 or so. I was nervous because I have never floated the Snake in a drift boat (only in my dad's big 'ol Woolridge with big motor and what not...), so I had visions of scary, high, fast water and us being without a motor...but luckily it was very low and extremely slow! The float was SOOO beautiful! There was "cranberry" colored bushes and "moss" colored plants and "golden" colored plants.....I had to correct Matt many times, he thought they were red, green, and yellow plants... :) Anyway...I loved the colors and decided I need to decorate my house in them...then I got home and looked around my house and realized I pretty much already have decorated in those colors...silly me. Back to the fishing...we anchored a couple of times and wade fished. I caught a little white fish and a little brown and Matt caught NOTTA! Which is always nice because then I get to rub it in :). (Love you sweetie!) Well, we were enjoying our time and then it started getting dark...fast....and we weren't near the dock. Not cool in my book...I wasn't planning on a moonlight float. So my feet stared to FREEZE. It was joyus. Matt, being the stud muffin husband that he is, showed off his man power and SPEED rowed us to the ramp. I'm sure the fact that I was huddled in a ball being a whimp about my feet made him go a lot faster.... thanks hunny!
Luckily we got to the dock right as it was almost dark and my feet didn't have to be amputated! It was a fun trip though... nice shallow water, pretty scenery, me catching the most fish, and not losing any toes....i'll definately do it again! -maybe next time i'll invest in feet warmers...........

No comments: