Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Cheap craft idea!

I saw some cute decorated frames in Porter's the other day and decided I wanted to make my own. I have been looking for frames to put portraits of my 2 grandmothers in so I can put them in my kitchen. Anyway...I made one this morning and am working on the other. Here it is:

I am going to my mom's tonight to get pictures for both frames. The brown and cream thing in the center was a bracelet my grandma Surerus got on one of her many trips she took before she passed away. The quote beneath it says "The measure of a woman's character is not what she gets from her ancestors, but what she leaves her decedents."
It was supper easy and fun to make! It too me maybe 30 minutes to do. It's a great craft for extra material, buttons, ribbon etc. The frame was only 3 dollars and the material I had already! Anyway...just thought i'd share! :)

No comments: